Saturday, June 19, 2010

On the Move

SOLD
This painting was done from a photo taken at a local festival. I titled this "Sunglasses" as I am sure he either bought or won them on the fair grounds. This shows how fickled the spring weather can be here in Southeast Lousiana. As he probably started out early in the morning wearing his coat and by mid afternoon it was so hot he had to sling it over his shoulder. I enjoy painting people in movement with lots of shadows. I toned down the background of this painting with a tinted glaze to insure the focus of the painting was the young man. Done on smooth canvas board measuring 10" X 14". I hope you enjoy viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Great foreground figure.
    Makes realism look easy.
    Like how convincing the the distant figures are.
    Ralph Songy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ease with which this realism comes alive. My focus was immediately brought to the foreground subject, as you had intended but to me the bonus in the piece is that close inspection of background figures clearly shows them as on-lookers to the events before them and the foreground subject.
    Great Job ! Ralph Songy

    ReplyDelete